Welcome to our site (it’s your’s too).
My name is Nate Babcock and you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about me:
I am married with 2 children (5yr old and a baby).
I teach Elementary Physical Education in California and also serve as the Coordinator of my school district’s Elementary Physical Education Program.
I also work with local universities and school districts in a variety of capacities, but mostly as a mentor/master teacher.
I’ve coached high school basketball for the last twenty years.
I’m interested in way too many things and love to read and learn.
What interests me:
- Phenomenology (Merleau-Ponty, Bortoft, Heidegger, Hanna, Metheny)
- Existentialism (Nietzsche, Frankl, May)
- Metaphysics (Deleuze, Bergson, Whitehead, Bergson)
- East-Asian (Taoist, Buddhist, Alan Watts, Bruce Lee, etc.)
- Epistemology (Hume, Berkely, Bergson)
- Post-Modernism (Deleuze, Derrida, Foucault)
- Post-Structuralism (Deleuze, Foucault)
- Integral Theory (everything)
- Sport (Ravizza, Kretchmar)
- Play (Brown, Kane, Nachmanovitch, Goold, Henricks, DeKoven, Schiller, etc.)
- Hermeneutics (Gadamer, Bortoft)
- Art (Kandinsky and many others)
- Aesthetics (Schiller)
- Political (Arendt, Deleuze, Marx, Ranciere)
- Stoicism (Aurelius, Montaigne, Cicero)
- Theories of Knowledge/Learning, etc. (Constructivism, etc.)
- Physical Education (Kretchmar, Ovens, Johnson, Fitzpatrick, Stolz)
- Critical Pedagogy (McLaren, Giroux, Freire)
- Complexity in Education (Ovens, Biesta, Doll)
- Critical Theory (Fromm, Marx)
- Humanistic (Rogers, Maslow, Fromm)
- Psychotherapy (Hillman, Jung, Marks-Tarlow)
- Psychoanalysis (Jung, Fromm)
- Educational (Rogers, etc.)
- Sport (Ravizza, Csikszentmihalyi)
- Play (Brown, Kane, Nachmanovitch, Goold, etc.)
- Social (Fromm)
- Integral (everyone)
- Flow and Peak Experience (Csikszentmihalyi, Maslow)
- Nutrition (Peat, Chek, Masterjohn, Colpo)
- Health (Peat, Chek, Capra)
- Coaching (Wooden, Dunlap, Newell, Coach K, Meyer)
- Systems Thinking (Capra, Sheldrake, Theise, Bohm, Bortoft)
- Complexity Thinking
- Functional Systems Theory (Sudakov, Anokhin)
- Cybernetics (Bateson)
- Whole Systems Thinking (Sterling, Bortoft, Goethe)
- Bioenergetics (Wallace, Peat)
- Consciousness and Mind (Maturana, Varela, Thompson, Theise)
- Quantum Theory (Goswami, Bortoft, Capra, Laszlo, Bohm)
- Psychedelics (Grof, Robert Anton Wilson, Kastrup, and many others)
- Eastern (Watts)
- Christian (Zahnd, Armstrong, Spong, Borg, Tillich, Thurman)
- Judaism (Heschel)
- Mysticism (Eckhart, Blake, Thurman, Fox, Teillhard de Chardin)
- Perennial Philosophy/Religion (Huxley, Smith)
If you have any questions about any of these subjects, please contact me. I won’t be of much help, but I can direct you to good resources.